So now, let me assume you respond to many mails on daily basis, it is very possible if you add Email signature to all you outgoing mails, this means it will be of help if you manually append a signature. In this case, its advised that compose and save a signature template as a draft for all your Gmail accounts if you’re operating more than one Gmail account. For the default signature you created, Gmail will automatically insert or add it up at the bottom of every outgoing mails you’re sending. Below are the step on how set up a Gmail signatures.
How to Create Signatures in Gmail
- Kindly Sign in into your Gmail Account.
- Click on the Gear Icon located at the top right hand side of the page and Select “Mail Settings”.
- At In the General Tab section, just scroll down and find the Signature Option.
- Compose and add your default signature to box. (The box normally comes with a WYSIWYG editor which makes it easy for you to tweak the signature to your own liking. You can as well choose colors, add images and other things to it.
- Once you’re done , just click on the “Save Changes to save your changes”.
So what makes an Ideal Email Signature?
Well to the best of my knowledge, there is never any particular type of Email signature that have be accepted as the best format. People use different thing on their signature and it all depends on you as a User. You can include thing like your website, your full name, your phone number, your company, address, quotation, etc, hence it is recommended try as much as you can to write your signature in such a way that it wouldn’t be more than five live for simplicity sake.
Can I disable my signature on certain mails and how?
Yes! you can always and easily remove the signature from specific mails anytime you want to. All you need do is to delete the signature while composing the mail you’re about to send or you can simply turn off the signature option all together.
Note: there a character limit for your Gmail Signature. Though Gmail allows you to have a maximum of ten thousand characters for rich text signatures and I guess that’s big enough to say its limited.
So my friend, you can now go ahead and add you default Gmail signatures for your outgoing mails. Feel free to you the comment section if you come across any problem setting up you Email signature.