Advantages of Using google drive for backup
Alright guys, as promised earlier in my post about Gmail email sign in that am gona give a step by step guide on how you can save any file from your Gmail account to your Google drive account, But that will be in the next post about Saving files to Google drive. But before that, I will clear you on what you need to know about Google drive, and if there is anything more you need to know, Kindly use the comment section of this post and I will gladly attend to it.
What is Google Drive?
In a lay man’s understanding, Google drive is a cloud data storage tool developed and owned by Google which comes with every Gmail account for users. It has a 15 GB free storage size and upgrade for the premium package for higher storage space. With a Google drive account, you can easily upload, save and download files into and from the cloud. You don’t need any memory card or hard disk to save your important document in the cloud using Google drive. Read down below to get all you need in order to access a Google drive You can easily access your Google drive account from your Gmail inbox.
What you need to access Google Drive
- A Gmail account
You simply need a Gmail address account with which you can login and access your Google drive account. If you don’t have one, create one here using my detailed step by step guide.
- A desktop, laptop or a mobile device.
You already know you can’t do this without either desktop, Pc or any android or iOS phone.
- A strong Internet access
You need a strong and fast internet service for you to login and access your Google drive account.
- Basic knowledge of cloud storage using Gmail.
Ones you have all the above requirements, you don’t need any other thing since I already believe you already have this fourth requirement as you are the one reading this.
So let’s quickly take a look at how to go about with uploading and saving files from your Gmail to Google drive account.
Related: Problems with Gmail and Google drive
Advantages of having a Google drive account
Google drive has indeed been a vital tool apart from Gmail address as;
- You can save all your important document without the fear of losing it unless you lose your account password with which you can recover from here.
- A free and large storage space of 15GB with which you can upgrade to a paid version at ease and enjoy over 5 terabyte storage space.
- Very easy to use with awesome feature in it.
- You can easily save files direct into your Google drive account without having to go through the stress of downloading and uploading files.
- You save money and energy of buying and carrying storage devices like memory card, CD plates, hard drive, flash, etc around.
Got something confusing or wana add something regarding using google drive for backup, kindly use the comment box below and don’t forget to share.