Hotmail Account Password
The new name for Microsoft’s web mail is outlook .com, Microsoft’s web mail is formerly known as Hotmail and Windows Live Mail. If you have a Hotmail account, one can still access it through the Outlook.com website. If you don’t have a recovery account associated with your Hotmail account, you will fill out a questionnaire so that Microsoft can verify your account.
Let’s now look into the main topic which is; how to change a Hotmail account password. However, I will give you two steps to follow on how to change your Hotmail account password. So do me a favour by reading it carefully.
Related: Office 365 login guide
Method 1: Change a Microsoft Hotmail Account Password
To change you account Password, all you need to do is to;
- Just Sign in to Outlook (formerly known as Hotmail).then enter your Hotmail address and password to login and open your inbox.
- Now click on your profile image at the upper-right corner of the inbox.*
- Move your cursor to “Account settings” and select it
- go to “Security and password”
- when making use of a browser you have not been using for long. It might ask you to verify your account.
Microsoft will forward a code to your backup email address. If you don’t have access to your backup email address, click on “I don’t have these anymore” that you will equally see on your screen.
- Again click the “Change password” You will find it under the “Password and security info” part of the outline.
- Finally enter current password, and then enter a new password.
There are three aspects in the “Change your password” page. The first one is for the old password, and the second two are for your new Password. NB; you will enter the new password two times to confirm it and Click the Save button.
Method 2: Change a Microsoft Hotmail Account Password
This step two is basically for changing a Forgotten Password or Recovering an Account. This is how it works
- Go to Outlook.com sign-in page. However, you can recover Hotmail Passwords using the same method as recovering an Outlook password.
NB * Hotmail account that was deactivated because of inactivity can be activated as long as it has not been more than 365 days since you logged in last. If it has been over a year since your last login, your account and emails will be deleted and the name will no longer be your own.
- “Can’t access your account? ”this will appear as link, click below the Sign In button. This will automatically take you to the password reset page.
- Now Select “I forgot my password” and go to next “Next”.
- Type in your Hotmail email address in the “Microsoft account” field.*
- Carefully fill out the CAPTCHA below and go to “Next”.
- Select how you want to obtain your reset link. If you have another email address attached to your account, password reset link can be sent to that email address. If you don’t have any other one, you will see “I don’t have any of these” click on the option. it will automatically get you to a questionnaire which will help Microsoft verify your identity.
- Now fill out the questionnaire if necessary. Enter in an email address that they can reach you with. Answer all of the questions provided. It will take up to 24 hours to receive a response.
- When you get the password reset link, you will type in a new password. You have to enter it twice for it be effective. You can now use this new password to access your Outlook account.
I believe with this tutorial you will be able to handle whatever the case may be concerning change of hotmail account password.