Change Gmail name
When you create your Gmail account, you choose a name as your Gmail account username, that username is usually displayed on your screen whenever you’re logged in to you Gmail account. So at a time, you feel you no longer want that name as your display name when logged into your Gmail account. In this tutorial guide, I will be giving you instructive guide on how to change Gmail name. If you wish to change the current name of your Gmail account, kindly follow the step by step guide tips below. I will be giving you two methods on how to delete your Gmail display name which can be either.
- Changing only your Gmail name alone
- Changing the name for the entire Google account
Now for reason(s), you want to change the name displayed on the outgoing email messages from Gmail name, then follow the instructions below for renaming you name.
Method 1: Rename your Gmail email name only
How to change Gmail name alone
- Kindly Sign in your Gmail account.
- At the top right of the page, click the gear icon
- Now select Settings or click the setting direct link here
- The click the Accounts tab.
- An In the “Send mail as:” section of the page, locate the email address you’d like to edit and
- Then click edit info next to the address.
- Now, in the “Name:” section, kindly type in the specific name you’d like
Now, you’ve changed your name displayed on messages sent from your Gmail account!
Method 2: Rename all your Google accounts
How to change Google account name entirely
- Kindly go to your Google Plus from your browser address bar or use the Google Plus URL here.
- Now, click Home -> Profile
- Then click your name to edit
- Go down and click on the “More options” link
- Kindly enter your desired new Google account (Gmail). See how your new Gmail account name will be displayed in “Display my name as”. link Then click Save.
- A new window will appear, now click the Rename button to confirm!
That it! You’re done changing your Gmail account name and entire Google account name.