I’m sure you might also have experienced the problem when your PC is running slowly. It is quite irritating for you when you are in ease to work. This problem may be caused due to the old version of your windows installed on your system, or this could also be caused due to viruses & spyware. The perfect solution which comes to our mind at that time is how to format and install windows 7.
If you want to install windows 7 on your computer, then you have to format your system before installing. Formatting your computer could not be the simple task to perform, but it becomes essential at some point. There are some great things you must know before you format your system. When you format and install windows 7, formatting erases all the data you have present on your hard drive.
Erasing all the data from your hard drive means that every saved or unsaved data will be removed permanently. This could include all your Software’s, documents and photos. So, before you format and install windows 7 you have to secure your all-important files by making their duplicate on some secure drive which could be either USB or any other hard drive.
Precautions before you format and install windows 7
You have to follow the precautionary steps before you format and install windows 7 on your computer. These steps are meant to secure your relevant data.
- The first and the most crucial step is to create a duplicate of all the relevant files which you need to be safe.
- The files you save could be of any type including pictures, documents, and the software.
- In case you need some of your basic use programs like Microsoft Office then, you cannot make a backup for that you have to install them from your CD again. After the installation of windows 7.
Here are the Step guides you need to follow to install windows 7 and format
If you want to know how to format and install windows 7 then you have to follow the given instruction.
- Firstly, when you are going to format windows you should turn your computer on and at the time when you see the screen appearing. Press the Delete key which will take you to the BIOS of your PC.
- You can also be directed to your systems BIOS by using F1 to F10 keys. Sometimes when the text appears on your screen, it shows you to press which key to enter to move to BIOS.
- Now when you are in the BIOS menu you should select the option named as “Boot Order” or related similar options present like it could be the “Advanced BIOS Features” and this option will be appearing in the Advanced Option.
- You must know when you format and install windows 7 that these setups could be different for each system.
- After that you must select the option named as “First Boot Device” followed by the CD/DVD option, this will boot through the Windows 7 CD/DVD. It should be definite that the options below them are (Second boot device: Floppy) & (third boot device: hard disk or HDD).
- Then you must press the F10 key to save the setting changes that you have made. After that press the ESC key to close the menu. You should press the Y key when if asked that you are sure to save the changes.
- When you are done with that, you will have to restart the computer & then put the windows 7 CD/DVD in the CD-ROM. This will start the method to install windows 7 after when it is being formatted.
- Now you have to press any key which will start the booting from the Disk.
- Then you must select the language in which you want the windows to install, the format of currency and the time. You can also set the keyboard design.
- In the next step, click on “Install & accept” button if you agree to the Microsoft Windows license.
- In the process to format and install windows 7, you should see that it will ask which type of installation do you want to proceed. You must select the Upgrade, which will install the latest version of windows7.
- In case you want to install custom, which will ultimately remove your previous installed windows. Then select the “New” and separate the hard drive C: into two parts for safety reasons.
- When you have made the secondary partition D, then click on Format.
- Now, wait until windows are installing its updates and features.
- In the next step, you should also provide the product key along with the username and password. It also offers the option to skip by clicking next if you don’t have one.
- After that wait for the Welcome screen to appear.
Congratulations, you have completed the process to format and install windows 7.