Protonmail is a Secure Email Based in Switzerland, an easy to use secure email service that comes or built-in end-to-end encryption as well as state of the art security features. On proton mail email account creation, none of your personal information is required. All emails are well secured automatically with end-to-end encryption, meaning no one can decrypt and read your emails. Hence, your encrypted emails cannot be shared with any third parties. Also, Basic Proton Mail accounts are totally free and you can support by donating. ProtonMail service can be used on any type of device without any software installed. ProtonMail, a secure and encrypted email service email accounts is also fully compatible with other email providers across the web and you can send and receive emails normally.
History of protonmail
Having a company address of Chemin du Pré-Fleuri, 3 CH-1228 Plan-les-Ouates, Genève, Switzerland, Proton Mail was founded in 2013 (3 years ago) by scientists who met at CERN and were came together as a team by a shared vision of providing a more secure and private Internet access to the world. Ever since then, Proton Mail has deeply evolved into a global effort to protect and secure civil liberties and build a more, better and trusted secure Internet, with the team members hailing from ETH Zurich, Harvard, Caltech and many other research institutions, with a primary goal of building an internet that respects privacy as well as securing it against cyber-attacks.
Today, protonmail is helping a large community of over half a million proton mail users secure their private data online. Over 10,000 supporters have assisted proton team by donating to make the project possible. The company is continuing to develop state of the art email privacy and security technology from Geneva, Switzerland.
Names of Protonmail.com Team members and their portfolios
- Dr. Andy Yenm- Co-Founder/CEO
- Jason Stockman – Co-Founder/Front-End Developer
- Dr. Bart Butler – CTO
- Yangfeng Zhang – Software Architect
- Dr. Jan Veverka – Infrastructure Engineer
- DC Lu – Backend Engineer/Operations
- Dr. Martin Zeman – Backend Developer
- Richard Tetaz – Lead Front-End Developer
- V. Alex Brennen – Security and Infrastructure Engineer
- Keven Bayrak – Lead Designer
- Dino Kadrikj – Android Developer
- Alex Rosier – Head of Communications
- Natasha Feskova – Customer Service
- Violeta Kochoska – Customer Service
- Antonio Gambardella – Advisor
Also See: Importance of security questions
Features of Protonmail
- Swiss Privacy (Data Security and Neutrality)
- End-to-End Encryption (Automatic Email Security)
- Anonymous Email (Protect Your Privacy)
- 100% Free (Free Secure Email)
- Easy to Use (Security without the hassle)
- Modern Inbox Design (Security with Productivity
Versions of Protonmail.com
- Proton Mail 2.0: completely new code base, redesigned from the ground up to provide better performance, security, and flexibility
- Proton Mail BETA v2.0: It’s by far the biggest update so far from proton mail. Though there are numerous smaller improvements made that you need can see upon using the two versions of proton mail.
How to Sign Up For a Proton Mail Account | Protonmail Sign Up
- Visit the Proton mail homepage
- Click on the “Sign Up” button located at the top right of the page.
3. Fill out the reserve form by entering your desired proton mail username and your existing email address with any other email service provider like Gmail, Yahoomail, aolmail, etc. and click on the “Request Invite” button. See image guide below.
Note: It will take few days if not week to get a feedback from the proton mail team through the existing email address you provided upon proton mail account creation. So you must use a valid email ID in order to have a successful account creation with proton.
Protonmail Sign in | How to Login Your Protonmail Account
- Visit the www.protonmail.com homepage or click on the proton mail sign in link here
- Click on the “Sign In” button at the top right of the page.
- Fill out the proton mail sign in form by providing your proton mail username and password and click on the “Login” button. See image below.
That’s it, you have successfully signed into your protonmail.com account
For proton mail account support, kindly visit the proton mail.com support here
Protonmail.com Mobile Applications
Proton mail also has its own mobile application which come in both Android and iOS version for proton mail users. to download proton mail App, click the links below for the different devices