SBCglobal email settings
In 2005, SBC purchased AT&T and optioned to adopt AT&T since its already a popular brand across US, this led to the company changing the name from SBC to AT&T. although before the re-branding many users have already signed up for SBCglobal email extension. So below on sbcglobal email settings, is a step by step guide on how to set up SBC global pop account which is done on the SBCglobal official website at www.sbcglobal.net.
Fortunately, the POP and SMTP server details for your SBC account are always up on the AT&T support website (link in Resources). You can use the POP and SMTP domain names servers to configure your device like iPhone SBCglobal Mail app as well as manage your SBC Global account from your device.
sbcglobal email settings | How to Setup SBC Global Pop Account
- Now at the “Account Setup” page select “New”.
- Now, choose a name for the, e.g., “sbcglobal”. At “Mail Service” select “US-Yahoo“.
- Hit the “Next” link.
- At this point, kindly enter your full email address in the “Username” field.
- And type in the same password you use for your SBCglobal email account into the “Password” field.
- Click or hit the “Next” link.
- Please enter your “Email Address” in the field.
- What you will have to do now is to enter “pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com” into the “Incoming Mail Server” section.
- Type in “smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com” into the “Outgoing Mail Server” field.
- And hit the “Next” link.
- Select “Advanced” and.
- Enter “110” in the “Port Number” field, then.
- Hit the “Next” link, the.
- Enter “25” in “Port Number” field.
- Kindly check the “Use authentication (ESMTP)” box.
- Enter your full e-mail address in “Username”.
- Now enter the same password you used for your SBCglobal e-mail account into the “Password” field.
- And select “Done”.
Changes required to continuing using AT&T /SBC outgoing e-mail
To continue using the AT&T or SBC global outgoing e-mail, below are the changes that is required.
- Kindly open your email client program.
- And locate the email account settings for the particular client you use.
- Now, kindly change the POP server to att.yahoo.com.
- As well as change the SMTP server to att.yahoo.com.
- Now, check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Change the SMTP portto 465.
- Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Change the POP3 portto 995.
- Once you’re done, kindly confirm the above settings and click OK.
Hope this guide helped?