Here is one the Google’s lovely Home Mini smart speakers, but now that you’ve unwrapped the box and also plugged it in, you’re trying to pinpoint how to get the whole thing set up. Fortunately, it’s pretty straightforward.
Below is how to set up the Google Home Mini with guides instructions.
1. Just Download the Google Home app for your smartphone or tablet and launch it immediately.
2. The first thing the screen displays on your app should automatically recognize the Home Mini. (If it doesn’t, tap the Device button in the top right and then hit the Add New Device button to get directions on how you can find the device.) Tap Set Up.
3. If you’ve connected to the right device, you should hear a sound from the Mini. Tap Yes on the app.
4. Choose the room where your Google Home Mini will be located, then tap Next.
5. Select your Wi-Fi network and tap Next.
6. Input the password for your network and hit Connect.
7. Review the privacy information. Once you’re done, hit Next.
8. If you want personalized results, follow the instructions to train the Google Home Mini to recognize your voice. (If you’ve already trained another Google Home to recognize your voice, you can just tap Yes I’m In.) Once training is complete, tap Continue.
9. Google Home Mini lets you pick between two voices; you can play samples of each and decide on the one you want. When you’ve taken one, tap Next.
10. Input your address if you want to get customized local data for traffic, weather, and other services.
11. Review the information you’ve entered and optionally put in a payment method if you want to use Google Home Mini to buy something. When you’re done, tap Next.
12. Tap Continue.
13. The final screen gives you some sample commands you can give. Tap Finish Setup when ready. You’re all set!