Brief Overview of TomTom
The Dutch automotive navigation system manufacturing company TomTom was found in 1991. The company is the world’s leading provider of in-car location and navigation products and services. It also includes portable navigation devices, fleet management systems, in-dash infotainment systems, maps and real-time services with time zone enabled.
Related: Mapquest Navigation Service
Wikipedia has it that “TomTom NV is a Dutch company that produces navigation and mapping products. TomTom also makes action cameras, GPS sport watches, fleet management systems, and location-based products.”
Related: AT&T phone-claim insurance service
Using TomTom.com to Install Maps
This platform (MyTomTom) allows you to make good use of you Tomtom device. You can always upgrade your current maps with any Tomtom model. It very easy to download and install new map updates from Mytomtom. The installation is easy too and can be done in just few minutes so far as your internet connection is strong.
The process of downloading and installing Maps using Mytomtom is quit cost-effective your latest map services with the best route and navigation experience.
Related: Google Maps
How to install maps using MyTomTom: Requirements
Below are some requirements that must be met before talking about downloading and installing map using Mytomtom.
- Your MyTomTom account
- A PC or Mac with a good internet access.
- Check and make sure have a minimum of 8GB free space on the device you’re using.
- Latest version of the MyTomTom support application.
Step by step guide how to install maps using TomTom.com
- Kindly go to the TomTom web homepage at www.tom tom.com/getstarted.
- Select your country.
- Now connect your navigation device to your device or computer and switch it on.
- Now login to your MyTomTom account using your account username and password.
- Click on “Check for new items”.
- Here, you have to download the updated map version, and follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to install the map.
- Once the installation process has been completed, you can then disconnect your navigation device from your computer.
Also Download: Google Map here
The thing here is that if you’re a TomTom device user, then you will have to occasionally update your map by simply downloading and installing the latest map version using MyTomTom. It’s easy and cost-effective, so you should have less worries about your budget.